If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Friday, January 18, 2013

Yasmin's Graduation

During my first month in site, I had the pleasure of attending my host sister's graduation from primaria! It was a really cool look into Peruvian graduation traditions. All of the girls wear dresses of the same colors, the  boys wear matching ties, they go through a flowered arch with their parents and receive gifts from the school! It was a wonderful event and I'm so grateful my host family included me in this event. Here you can see a traditional hora loca. Everyone gets hotdog style balloons to wave about as they dance alongside the party DJs. While this was technically my second Hora Loca, it my first with a guy on stilts! The kids also got party bags with Hora Loca costumes!

My host grandma, and host siblings

Yasmin's personal cake!



The boys in their Hora Loca gear

The girls in their Hora Loca gear

No comments:

Post a Comment