If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hiking Cerro Santa Apolonia

After taking the relaxing bath at Baños del Inca, we had lunch, rested, and then "hiked" Cerro Santa Apolonia. We made it about two blocks outside of our house when my host grandma got tired. Thus, we decided to take a cab to the top of the hill and walk down. The hill was really cool. You could see all of Cajamarca, Cajamarca. It had a beautiful lookout point and as we hiked down I got to experience a REAL rain. My first REAL rain since I've gotten to Perú! I've felt some sprinkles but not a true downpour until this one!  We also got to see the filming of a Huayno music video, eat some Mayma, and do some touristy shopping. It was a nice afternoon with my host family. However, we did miss seeing the Incan chair.  Thus, I'm really excited to return to this cerro and hike it with Mike! 


The "vista" or view
My host sister and I


My beautiful host grandma

The kiddos

The kiddos posing on this bridge on the hike down

Not sure what the purpose of this statue was but he has an accidental pirate leg!
The filming on the Huayno music video

This beautiful mural in the church on the Cerro. The backdrop for Mary is a typical Cajamarca scene. I have never seen anything like this before in a church!


The yummy Mamey we ate on the way down

The view down from the church

The view of the Cerro.

No comments:

Post a Comment