If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Setting a Guinness World Record!

On January 19, 2013, I helped set a world record by dancing the traditional Peruvian dance, Marinera, with 653 other couples. We practiced for more than 3 hours before setting the world record. My partner was a friend of my regional coordinator, a 42 year old Peruvian man named Walter. The skirts we wore were not traditional Peruvian skirts but a fun Peace Corps hippie spin on the Marinera skirt :). After a short speech from a Guinness World record judge, we set the record and got to enjoy a short fireworks display. It was a pretty cool/unique experience and I am now a world record holder!

A big chunk of the gang!

The whole gang+ the stage. The chalk lines are where we start the dance

My dance partner and I
Annika and her dance partner!

The countdown to begin the world record setting!
The Peace Corps girls who participated!
The fireworks after the record was set!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment