If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Monday, June 10, 2013

Science Rules!

One of my activities in site has been doing GLOBE experiments with my students. GLOBE (Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment) is a scientific and practical educational program, whose work is based on primary and secondary schools around the world. The program was announced in 1994, and began operations on Earth Day 1995. Today GLOBE works in more than 110 coutries, with more than 40,000 professors in 20,000 schools. GLOBE students have contributed more than 18 million measurements to the database of the program, to be used in scientific research projects. With my students, we recently did a GLOBE experiment I learned during training about soil types. They really enjoyed the experiment and I look forward to doing many more with them. It was pretty crazy how excited they got over the experiment. It made me feel like Bill Nye the Science Guy! So in the words of Bill, SCIENCE RULES!






Just for fun, she is in here. She waits for me everyday. When I come home, she waddles over to me and then stops about 2 ft away from me. Then she rolls on the ground and wiggles till I rub her belly. She is adorableee!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment