If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Stew of Cajamaraca Photos.

So I'm going to be honest, I'm a little sick of blogging about Cajamarca. Thus I'm just going to throw the rest of the photos from that trip into this blogpost.... In Cajamarca, we visited two more rock gardens, a lagoon, a necropolis (Ventanillas de Otuzco or Windows of Otuzco), a cave, and some awesome waterfalls! I had already visited the waterfalls with my host family so I showed Mike my secret place for taking photos (on top of the waterfall.)  I always love seeing naturally beautiful areas like rock gardens and waterfalls but I must admit that I'm slightly sick of rock gardens now.  One can only look at so many rocks that look like lions before it gets boring. However, on this trip, we also got to visit our first cave! The cave was unfortunately tagged by a bunch of hooligans but still pretty cool. There were also some very old petroglyphs you could see if you hiked up above the cave. Finally, we also saw the windows of Otuzco and a pretty beautiful lagoon famous for their ducks!


Best meal we had in Cajamarca


1st waterfall

secret spot....SHhhhhhh

The BIG waterfall!

We were the only ones with waterproof shoes haha

Add caption

The Rock Garden


Small cave we had to climb through

Pretty beautiful skies

I love dogs..possibly too much

Add caption


Necropolsis

The Cajamarcan countryside

On top of the caves

The petroglyphs


The guide showed us how water makes them POP

Another rock garden....

Lagoon

Lagoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment