If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All I want is a goat farm by the sea....

I recently attended another ECPA (Energy and Climate Partnership of Americas) workshop in Goyo's site, Cañete. We got to learn about all things Green at a goat farm right next to the ocean! It was beautiful. I definitely have a little site envy. Maybe I'll live on a goat farm by the sea someday... To the workshop, I brought one of my socios from the Municpality, Regidor Quiroz. He was AWESOME. He was hands down, the workshop's MVP. He was super interested in all of the projects, asked tons of great questions, and helped explain things to other socios. It was truly a pleasure attending this workshop with him. At the workshop, we looked at Goyo's biodigestor, his improved cook stove, his solar water pump, learned how to size solar systems, constructed solar ovens, constructed a solar fruit dehydrator, and learned tons about other renewable energy projects. Mike (who is on the ECPA committee) did a fantastic job teaching all of us how to size solar systems. It is such a hard topic to teach and especially hard in another language. I am so proud of him. He truly did an amazing job. The workshop was fantastic. I learned a ton and am super excited to start my projects! In this blogpost, you will also find tons of cute pictures of the farm's puppies!

Puppies!!!!!!!!

Building the top of the improved solar oven

Add caption

Goat farm by the ocean!

My favorite puppy! He had the cutest chubby puppy belly


The solar water pump

Kail explaining the pump

The pump

The system

Goyo took us to an old graveyard... I did not really enjoy this part of the workshop to be honest

My socio and I!!!!!

Constructing our solar oven

Our beautiful solar oven!

Our solar fruit dehydrator

Mike teaching

Goyo explaining biodigesters

Kail and some rugrats

Goyo's biodigester

Goyo, Mike, Martin (Mike's socio), and Sara

Goyo, Me, Regidor Quiroz, and Sara!

No comments:

Post a Comment