If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hiking up to the waterfall

After seeing the ventanillas, we hiked up to two waterfalls. My host grandma was a CHAMP and made it to both waterfalls. Hector and I also hiked up to a different area above the waterfalls which gave a pretty beautiful view of the area. Also at one point I got to traverse a little bridge, climb down a pretty steep hill and sit on top of one of the waterfalls. It was a little dangerous but totally worth it!

The beautiful first waterfall

The river leading away from the waterfall

The "macho" waterfall


The pretty beautiful pathway up to the second waterfall but first a pit stop...

The bridge I had to cross
Climb down...
To get this awesome photo!!

Hector and I kept hiking up...
To see a pretty spectacular valley

Then we hiked back down to join the rest of the group

We got to see some local sheep getting a drink

Finally hiking back to go get lunch, everyone was pretty pooped

I don't think the kids had seen a waterfall before so it was a pretty cool experience

No comments:

Post a Comment