If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Galentines Day

Once a month, all the volunteers get to go into their regional capital and meet up with all the other volunteers from their region. In my region (La Libertad), instead of staying in Trujillo, we stay in Huanchaco (a nearby surf town)) because it is cheaper! This Friday, we (the ladies of La Libertad) celebrated Galentines Day!  For those of you who do now know what Galentines Day is, it is a day for Ladies celebrating Ladies, independent of any relationships they may or may not be in (it is a made up holiday from a TV show called Parks and Rec, but a wonderful holiday.) It basically just a day where you and your lady friends appreciate each other for being wonderful ladies. While it wasn't on February 13, and we did not actually throw together a banquet, it was really fun hanging out with my nearest and dearest Peace Corps lady friends. I think Galentines was a huge success this year and I look forward to celebrating many more in the future!


Each gal got a unique Galentine because they are all beautiful unique tropical fishes (line from Parks and Rec)

Amanda and Nicole

Jamie and I!

I take this as a sign that I was meant to be here for galentines day

Just being Gals?

Nydelis, Carlhey, Brittany and Callan. All in all a great galentines with some pretty awesome gals.



No comments:

Post a Comment