If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Thursday, April 4, 2013

EIST! (Early In Service Training)

After out PDM (project design and management) workshop we spent the next half of the week completing our "early in service training." On our last day of EIST, we hiked up a "small hill" to San Bartolome, a previous volunteer's site. We spent the day helping the tree nursery workers to clean up the area and plant some new trees! Similar to the loma in Chancay, this area was super green because of recent rainfall. While our APCD (boss) told us it was a short little hike, I just about died hiking up the hill! I have never felt so out of shape in my life. There were tons of scorpions and giant black spiders (possibly black widows) BUT it was a really cool seeing yet another unique ecosystem in Perú. Stay tuned for Mike and I's vacation photos!

Feeling good at the beginning of our hike..


This is where I really started to give up and hate this hike
Brian Vs. Wild

The hike was totally worth it, it was SO beautiful

All of us cleaning up/planting trees

A wonderful day at the Loma with Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment