If you'd like to follow my blog, please enter your email below...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Arriving in Huancavelica

After Paracas, Mike and I made the slightly sketchy and long journey to Huancavelica. We arrived at our hostal at 3AM and were a little worried when we saw the entrance (It was very cluttered and slightly messy.) Then we were lead up to a gargantuan but very cold room. I don't know about Mike but I fell asleep worrying about whether we had made the right choice visiting Huancavelica. However, we woke up to a spectacular panoramic view of green mountains! Our room was still super cold though and I did not want to take off the many blankets I had on top of me. Mike, oh so sweetly, brought me breakfast in bed. Our breakfast of fruit, and bread was amazing. A lady right outside out hostal was selling the most delicious bread I've had in awhile. She had sesame seed bread, whole grain, and the best cheesy bread I have ever eaten! We then went out and explored the many churches, cobblestone roads, and the plaza de armas.

40 soles a night room with spectacular views



Nice break from the coast
Bought some legwarmers here

One of the many beautiful Churches
Interesting fountain on the climb to the springs
The beautiful Plaza de Armas in Huancavelica


No comments:

Post a Comment